As we approach the spring market, a lot of sellers are asking what they need to do in order to get their houses ready for the market. Today, I have some tips about how you can maximize the number of showings that you’ll get on your home, as well as to maximize the amount of money receive from the sale.
- First impressions are everything. When a buyer walks up to your home, what they see outside is going to be a direct reflection of what they’ll see inside.
- Paint. To get the biggest bang for your buck, repaint your home in neutral colors such as tan and gray tones. Stay away from bright, unconventional colors. These will detract from important features like the floor plan and the functionality of the home.
- Kitchen. Oak cabinets are no longer in; white cabinets are all the rage.
- Open all of the blinds. You want as much natural light in your home as possible. You want people to be able to walk in and see what the home has to offer.
- Declutter. Take everything off the countertops and keep it simple.
- Play soft music.It sets the mood when people are walking through your home.
- Clean. Make sure all areas, including your floors, walls, windows, and outside walkways are spic-and-span.
These are some small items that can make or break getting a buyer’s contract on your property.
If you have any questions about this or about selling your home, feel free to reach out to me. I can sit down with you and help put together a blueprint that will get your home sold for the most money possible. I look forward to hearing from you.